The first cab off the rank in my kitchen goddess essentials list is cookies. This week I went to a high (morning) tea with Mae with our parents group. What a great idea and way to celebrate the sunshine in Melbourne! The fabulous host Cathy had made cucumber sandwiches and Pimms. Yummy. Everyone added bits and pieces to the spread and it was quite a spread…
I decided that I couldn’t just make chocolate chip cookies, I needed something a bit more fancy for a high morning tea. So, cranberry and coconut cookies it was. They will be made again. They were easy and tasty.
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 200g softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cranberries
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 and 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
The how to…
1) Turn oven to 180 degrees, then grease and line a baking tray (or two depending on the size)
2) Add the icing sugar, egg, butter and vanilla extract to a bowl and mix with electric beaters until soft and fluffy
3) Add cranberries and coconut and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula
4) Add flour and soda and mix with wooden spoon or spatula
5) Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on tray. Cook for 18 minutes.
6) Sit back and enjoy with a cup of tea and a good book – or in my case, a glass of Pimms and some great company.